KILLING 99.999% OF BACTERIA, XTRASAN IS OUR FRONT LINE DEFENCE IN THE GLOBAL FIGHT AGAINST CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19).
OUR ANTI-VIRAL HAND & SURFACE SANITISER IS MANUFACTURED RIGHT HERE IN THE UK AND IS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE NOW.
Hybond have developed a new antiviral, antibacterial agent, which is highly effective against Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Recent weeks have seen many manufacturers dramatically alter their processes to produce goods vastly different to their usual end-product, as they unite in the war against COVID-19. Hybond, most commonly known as Industrial Adhesive Specialists, are joining the fight, and we’re very proud to introduce our latest product: XtraSan, Hand & Surface Sanitiser.
Whilst a thorough overview of XtraSan and it’s unique properties is provided below, we appreciate that time is a commodity during the current COVID-19 crisis. Hybond have compiled the following presentation, containing all pertinent information on XtraSan, including details on testing and compliance met by the product. Take the time to explore details provided on this web page at your convenience, or click the link to view our presentation: XtraSan Presentation
This revolutionary sanitising product is born from a project which focused on the development of an additive which when added to a range of chemical products, gives a long-lasting, antiviral property to their cured films. This versatile additive can be combined with adhesives, sealants, grouts, paints and much more to provide anti-viral properties. Further research and development has resulted in the production of a hand and surface sanitiser which far out-performs the alcohol rubs and gels currently in popular use.
XtraSan is a complex polymeric biocide and virucide that is applied to the hands or surfaces for the purpose of removing common pathogens (disease-causing organisms) and viruses including Coronavirus COVID-19. Unlike the alcohol rubs and gels we are familiar with; the non-hazardous formulation of XtraSan contains no alcohol, but kills 99.999% of bacteria in a broader spectrum and over a much longer time.
- Kills up to 99.999% of germs within 1 minute.
- Kills a broad spectrum of bacteria and viruses.
- Proven superior performance over alcohol based sanitising products.
- Effective against C. diff, unlike alcohol based hand sanitiser.
- Leaves a highly active residual dry film on skin and surfaces – This long lasting residual efficacy offering ongoing protection between uses and resistance to the formation of biofilm.
- Biofilm disrupting capability: XtraSan is a sophisticated blend of active and inactive ingredients that has a very effective biofilm reduction capability. This is due to the secret and unique interaction between the various components.
- Increased effectiveness with repeated use.
- 100% alcohol, chlorine, bleach and SLS Free.
- Non flammable.
- Fragrance free
- Doesn’t dry out, irritate or damage the integrity or pH level of the skin.
- Suitable for all skin types, and is capable of actively moisturising.
- Not tested on animals and vegan friendly.
- Does not promote superbug resistance.
- Excess liquid from decontamination can go straight to drain.
XTRASAN VERSUS TRADITIONAL ALCOHOL RUBS / GELS
“I KNOW AND TRUST THE PROPERTIES OF ALCOHOL RUB, SO WHY SHOULD I MAKE THE CHANGE TO XTRASAN?“
During the Coronavirus COVID-19 global crisis, many companies, institutions, and members of the public are turning to traditional alcohol-based sanitisers for protection from the virus. It is true that this type of alcohol-based product can offer a degree of protection, however alcohol-based sanitisers have many short comings which XtraSan successfully overcomes.
Alcohol is a biocide but it has many disadvantages; for example, in order to kill the virus which causes COVID-19, the alcohol concentration must be over 70% to be effective. Hybond have observed sanitisers in circulation with a concentration as low as 57% percent, which is quite simply powerless against COVID-19 and other bacteria. Alcohol has other disadvantages, which many will be familiar with, particularly its drying effect on our skin. It’s flammable, and its antiviral effect is instantaneous but not long-lasting; it kills the virus on your hands but almost immediately leaves them unprotected against further contact.
AREAS FOR USE
Quite simply, the possibilities are endless! This versatile product can be used by everyone from members of the public to large institutions. Available in multiple methods of application, there is scope to apply to hands, spray over surfaces, in the work place, and the home. Here’s just a few examples of locations where XtraSan can and should be used:
- The Home
- Nurseries, Schools, Colleges, Universities
- Hospitals, GP Practices, Medical Facilities
- Nursing Homes
- Supermarkets, Retail Outlets
- Offices, Banks
- Places of worship, Entertainment Venues
TESTING & COMPLIANCE
XtraSan has undertaken rigorous product testing, meeting multiple areas of compliance. Distributors and end-users can feel confident in its ability to kill 99.999% of bacteria in a safe, non-hazardous manner. Explore some information on XtraSan’s active ingredients below:
- XtraSan contains the active ingredients of Benzalkonium chloride. CAS 8001-54-5 EC 264-151-6 and Dimethyl Dialkyl ammonium chloride CAS 7173-51-5 EC 230-525-2. The active ingredients contained in XtraSan attack protein and lipid structures, including those encapsulating envelope viruses such as COVid-19.
- XtraSan has demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to SARS-CoV-2 (which is the virus that causes COVID-19) on hard, nonporous surfaces. Therefore, XtraSan can be used against SARS-CoV-2 when used in accordance with the directions for use.
- Concentrations of these ingredients are equal to or above those recommended by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control for use in targeting COVID-19 coronavirus-SARS-CoV-2-guidance-environmental-cleaning-non-healthcare-facilities
- The active ingredients in XtraSan are listed on the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control website as being effective against Human Coronavirus. Concentrations are at or above those required.
Once again, we invite you to view the XtraSan Presentation where you can further explore Regulatory Compliance met by the product.
AVAILABILITY AND USES
XtraSan Foaming Hand and Surface Cream Available in 5Ltrs, 10Ltrs, 25Ltrs and 1000Ltrs. AVAILABLE NOW
XtraSan Hand Soap COMING SOON
XtraSan Liquid for treating other materials such as an additive to paint, grout, sealants, renders etc. COMING SOON
Available upon request.
PLEASE CONTACT HYBOND HERE FOR FURTHER DETAILS